Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Btw, I put loads of clip in extensions on her, like 20, so don't think its all real! If you a'int got it, Weave it! If it don't curl, Weave it and buy curly hair! Xoxo Daven Your Hair Bff!!
Sunday, February 26, 2012
If you have seen my video “Clip In Extension Tutorial - Which set us the best for your hair?!?”, you may have some additional questions.
Here is the link to the video if you didn't see it!
Just remember these simple things
- To save money, buy shorter extensions if you only need fullness.
- If you are blonde or have fine hair, you may have to invest in higher quality extensions. Blonde is such a difficult color to match when it comes to extensions. Most blondes are like snowflakes, there are never two exactly the same! When light passes through blonde hair, it is easier to see the difference in color and texture than it is with dark hair. Basically its easier to tell you have extensions if you’re blonde because your hair is light.
- If you have curly hair and wear it straight, try buying curly hair extensions and flat ironing them. That way, if you start to sweat or go for a swim, your clip ins will curl up with the rest of your hair and you won’t expose your secrets!
- The more layers you have in your hair, the less clip in extensions you’ll have to put in. Layered hair also help blend extensions better. Creating length to a bob or a blunt haircut is probably the hardest to blend.
- Bleaching some brands will turn your hair weird colors like pink or grey, only high-end virgin unprocessed hair is bleachable.
- The unhealthier your natural hair is, the easier it will be to match the extensions. When people have naturally healthy hair, they must buy the most expensive quality hair or else it will definately show. If you are on a budget try waving or curling your hair, that always can help hide difference in textures.
I hope you enjoyed my video! Stay tuned for more Clip-In Extension Tutorials!
Please subscribe to my blog for future updates and quick hair tips and tricks.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Friday, February 24, 2012
Don't you love all of the amazing fashion editorials with larger than life hair? Have you ever wondered how Hair Ads looks so amazing? I hate to break it to you, but its all hollywood magic. This is a bright red lace front synthetic wig that I bought online on sale for $80. Its 30 inches long and has sooo much hair! Don't be fooled! Things like this are never real =) Its always great to dream though, and create fantasy images that defy gravity!
What do you think about the mascara ads with the fake lashes in it? False Advertising? or just a little "Help"?
So if you know me by now, I don't use many products and I am very rarely "WOWED" by any. In fact I don't believe in the use of many products. Sometimes however, innovative brands catch my eye with their "out of the box" thinking. Menkoi is a japanese hair company that is brand spankin new. I got my hands on some of the Matte wax and I was quite impressed! I used it on a female model's shoulder length hair and it gave it an amazing rock and roll grungy texture. I was so surprised when I opened the tin and saw that the was was sealed in plastic! Thats how you definitely know there aren't any preservatives! It came with a cardboard label made out of recycled paper stating the ingredients. Once I saw the absence of anti-glycolic-poly-Red 40 jargon I was sold! I love organic products, and believe that if you're going to put something in your hair, it should come from as close to the earth as possible! Please Check Out Menkoi !! Have you heard of them? What other organic products do you like/live by?